- This event has passed.
Far from the MADding Crowd
Wed February 19, 2020 - Sun February 23, 2020
A small intimate gathering at Kinnersley castle, where we will concentrate our efforts on a small selection of the simpler dances.
The event is based round four main themes with dance workshops on each theme:
- French dances – with Peter Clifton with most of Godot
- Balkan dances – Ian Buckley, with Sian Phillips and Paul Sherwood
- Swedish polska – Pat Goodacre with Carol Turner
- Argentine Tango – Anne-Cécile Dubois
Similarly there will be workshops on playing for dancing:
- French – with Jon Mills et al
- Balkan – Sian and Paul
- Swedish – Carol Turner.
We will also have some singing for dancing workshops:
- French – with Yannick Minveille-Debat
- Balkan – with Ian, Sian and Paul
There will also be space for sessions, performing and impromptu workshops.
While we want to use this event to encourage newcomers to Euro-dance and music to come and develop their skills further, it is also an opportunity for more experienced visitors to revisit the basics, and/or share their experience and enthusiasm with others.
For more information contact Mike on email@example.com. (Please quote “FEB2020” in the subject line)
or phone Mike on +44 7903 734869